LoadTeam comes pre-configured to be gentle on your computer.
More specifically, LoadTeam uses only 20% of your computer's power when you are using your computer and 40% when you haven't used your computer for longer than 10 minutes.
To adjust how hard your computer works, open LoadTeam, click on the File menu, then Performance Tuning.
Adjust the sliders to configure how hard LoadTeam should work when the computer is being used (top slider) and when the computer is idle (bottom slider).
As you adjust the top slider, you will notice the number of calculations per second changing.
Warning! Using a large percentage of computer power may cause your computer to become temporarily unresponsive. Please make sure there is enough processing power left for other tasks to run, such as your web browser, e-mail client, Word, Excel, etc..
This is the easiest way to optimise LoadTeam, and this trick only needs to be applied once:
- On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type gpedit.msc.
- On the Local Group Policy Editor console, expand Computer Configuration, and then expand Windows Settings.
- Expand Security Settings, and then expand Local Policies.
- Select the User Rights Assignment folder.
- The policies will be displayed in the details pane.
- In the pane, double-click Lock pages in memory.
- In the Local Security Setting – Lock pages in memory dialog box, click Add User or Group.
- In the Select Users, Service Accounts, or Groups dialog box, add an you user account (the name you use to log into Windows)
- Reboot for the change to take effect.